Date of Chat: 5 June 2020
Chat Title: The Role of Philanthropy in Cybersecurity
Chat Topic: Philanthropy in Cyber
Chat Presenter: Monica Ruiz, Fellow, Cyber Initiative and Special Projects at The Hewlett Foundation
Recording: View a recording of this Chat via our YouTube channel.
More #CyberChats: Learn about more NCF #CyberChats and our podcast.
During this NCF #CyberChats session, Monica Ruiz, Fellow, Cyber Initiative and Special Projects at The Hewlett Foundation, presents a broad description of philanthropy in the cybersecurity field and will include personal experiences about this work as well.
- What is the role of philanthropy in cybersecurity?
- How did I enter the cybersecurity field?
- What area/domain of cybersecurity do I work in?
- What is a typical "day in the life" of a cyber professional?
- What is the typical educational background of cyber professionals?
- How does one gain experience in cybersecurity?
- What can students do now to prepare themselves for a future career in cyber?
- Awareness of how philanthropy has contributed to field building.
- Awareness of the broad spectrum of activities within cybersecurity.
- Appreciation for the life experiences available in cybersecurity.