The inaugural Intelligence and National Security Summit (Summit) took place September 18-19, 2014 at the Omni Shoreham Hotel, Washington, DC; and was co-hosted by AFCEA International (AFCEA) and the Intelligence and National Security Alliance (INSA).
AUDIO RECORDINGS of many of the presentations and panel discussions (see below) are available.
PLENARY SESSION ONE: INTELLIGENCE EFFECTIVENESS, TRANSPARENCY AND ACCOUNTABILITY: A DISCUSSION WITH THE DNI
- The Honorable James Clapper, Director of National Intelligence
PLENARY SESSION TWO: WHAT SHOULD THE NATION EXPECT FROM ITS INTELLIGENCE COMMUNITY?
- Mr. John Brennan, Director of Central Intelligence Agency
- Ms. Letitia Long, Director of National Geospatial Intelligence Agency
- ADM Michael Rogers, Director, National Security Agency & Commander, US Cyber Command
- Mr. David Shedd, Acting Director, Defense Intelligence Agency
PLENARY SESSION THREE: WHAT LEVEL OF TRANSPARENCY IS ACCEPTABLE FOR INTELLIGENCE?
- Mr. Marvin Kalb, Edward R. Murrow Professor of Practice, Emeritus, Harvard Kennedy School
- The Honorable Charles McCullough III, Intelligence Community Inspector General, ODNI
- Mr. David Medine, Chairman, Privacy and Civil Liberties Oversight Board
- Mr. Michael Woods, Vice President and Associate General Counsel, Verizon Communications
KEYNOTE PANEL: HOUSE PERMANENT SELECT COMMITTEE ON INTELLIGENCE
- Congressman Mike Rogers, Chairman, House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence
- Congressman Dutch Ruppersberger, Ranking Member, House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence
PLENARY SESSION FOUR: WHAT IS APPROPRIATE INTELLIGENCE OVERSIGHT?
- The Honorable Eleanor Hill, Partner, King & Spalding
- Mr. Len Moodispaw, Founder, Chairman, Chief Executive Officer, The KEYW Holding Company
- Mr. Kenneth Wainstein, Partner, Cadwalder, Wickersham & Taft LLP
BREAKOUT SESSION: THE TRANSFORMATION OF DEFENSE INTELLIGENCE
- Mr. Michael Vickers, Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence
BREAKOUT SESSION: DEFENSE INTELLIGENCE: RESETTING FOR THE FUTURE
- RADM Paul Becker, Director for Intelligence, Joint Chiefs of Staff
- BGen Michael Groen, USMC, Director for Intelligence, Headquarters, US Marine Corps
- LTG Mary Legere, USA, Deputy Chief of Staff for Intelligence, Headquarters, US Army
- Mr. Mark Tapper, Special Adviser to the Deputy Chief of Staff for Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance, Headquarters, US Air Force
- RADM Christopher Tomney, USCG, Assistant Commandant for Coast Guard Intelligence & Criminal Investigations, Headquarters, US Coast Guard
- Ms. B. Lynn Wright, Deputy Director of Naval Intelligence, Headquarters, US Navy
PLENARY SESSION FIVE: STRENGTHENING TRUST - THE WAY AHEAD
- Mr. James Comey, Director, Federal Bureau of Investigation