Do you think you have what it takes to succeed in a cybersecurity career? Capture the Flag (CTF) events and hacking competitions can help you determine if working in cybersecurity is right for you. CTFs, competitions in which you attack or defend computer resources, are unique to this industry and require the same skills needed in a cybersecurity job.
During this chat, presenters share about CTFs you can get involved in, as well as training tips and what it takes to be successful at these types of events. Panelists Fred Hall, a current coach for the Cyber Patriot Program, and Brett Ginski, a former participant in several hacking competitions, will discuss and answer questions about their personal experiences with these events.
This Chat was presented via Nepris.
* What are some examples of challenges presented during a CTF event or hacking competition? What is the difference between these events?
* What are some CTF competitions or hacking events students can get involved in?
* How do you prepare for CTF events?
* Are the challenges similar to what you would experience in a day-to-day job in a cybersecurity career?
* How do you know if you have what it takes for a career in cybersecurity after participating?
* Identify personality traits and skills that are common in successful cybersecurity careers.
* Learn about opportunities for hands-on experiences to excite cybersecurity awareness and interest.