Date of Chat: 20 May 2020
Chat Title: Cybersecurity Principles: Learn About Adversarial Thinking
Chat Topics: Adversarial Thinking and Risk
Chat Presenter: David Raymond of the Virginia Cyber Range
Recording: To watch a recording of this chat - you will need to access it via Nepris (now Pathful Connect).
More #CyberChats: Learn more about NCF #CyberChats and our Podcast.
During this #CyberChats session, David Raymond of the Virginia Cyber Range introduces the concept of adversarial thinking and describe how we use it in computer and network defense. He also discusses specific jobs, and even careers, that can benefit from thinking like the enemy. Finally, he described the journey that brought him to a career in cybersecurity.
- How is the key principle used within the Cybersecurity field?
- How did I enter the Cybersecurity field?
- What area / domain of Cybersecurity do you work in?
- What is a typical "day in the life" of a cyber professional?
- What is the typical educational background of cyber professionals?
- How does one gain experience in cybersecurity?
- What can students do now to prepare themselves for a future career in cyber?
- Awareness of the key principle(s) presented.
- Awareness of the broad spectrum of activities within Cybersecurity.
- Appreciation for the life experiences available in Cybersecurity.
This chat was presented via Nepris online.