The 2015 Armed Forces Day Celebration at the National Cryptologic Museum was a great success! Held on 16 May 2015, the event featured a variety of family-friendly activities. A highlight was the "Airmen of Note" USAF jazz band who performed a WWII era show featuring Glenn Miller hits. Everyone enjoyed their fabulous musical talents! The event also included a variety of demonstrations. The NCMF provided free items for visitors and also had a Mr. Softee ice cream truck available!
In addition to special tours inside the Museum, here are some of the additional activities and participants:
- MD Army National Guard Civil Air Patrol
- USO of Metropolitan Washington/Baltimore with cotton candy machine, two giant Jenga puzzles
- U.S. Naval Sea Cadets with knot tying exercise
- NSA K-9 Unit demonstration
- Ham Radio demonstration
- Ft. Meade Alliance
- WWII Veterans provided sharing sessions
- Coloring station
- Scavenger hunt
CLICK ON PHOTOS FOR A LARGER VIEW
Thank You to all of our Armed Forces!
Maryland National Guard Communications Vehicle was on Display (NSA photo)
Curator Pat Weadon Speaks about the Battle of Midway
Airmen of Note Give a Spectacular Performance of Glenn Miller Hits
Don't orget to visit the "Museum Steeped in Code!"