Current Open Positions with the NCF
Social Media Coordinator
The National Cryptologic Foundation's (NCF) vision is to influence the cryptologic future by sharing our educational resources, stimulating new knowledge, and commemorating our heritage. Since 1996, the Foundation has supported the National Cryptologic Museum in educating the public on the importance of cryptology in defense of our nation. Our Mission has broadened over recent years with a special emphasis on our Education Program. The National Cryptologic Foundation strives to heighten public awareness of the cryptologic and cyber professions while honoring the people— past, present, and future—whose contributions to our national security protect and make possible our way of life.
We are currently seeking a part-time, creative and organized Social Media Coordinator to join our team. In this position, you will create meaningful content related to the mission of the NCF, as well as the broader cryptologic and cybersecurity mission, and promote that content across multiple social media channels.
Social Media Coordinator Duties and Responsibilities
- Grow the Foundation's social media presence and content creatively across all social media channels on a day- to-day basis, including, but not limited to Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Generate, edit, schedule, publish, and share content daily (original text, images, video, and HTML) across multiple social media channels.
- Monitor developments in social tools, applications, channels, design, and strategy and provide recommendations to increase productive engagement.
- Collaborate with other NCF team members (communications, website, development, and education) to coordinate promotions, and increase reach on a variety of fundraising & education initiatives.
- Build meaningful connections with individuals and organizations related to cryptology, cybersecurity, and associated education initiatives, and encourage NCF members and followers through dialogue and messaging.
- Implement and build social media editorial calendar by developing a posting schedule for each platform.
- Assist NCF leaders and other team members with their organization-related social media posts and provide content when needed.
- Track, report, and interpret data analytics (traffic, demographics, effectiveness) on a regular basis and provide recommendations for new strategies and plans to promote the Foundation and educate followers.
Requirements and Qualifications
- 1+ years’ experience in social media & digital marketing.
- Strong familiarity with all social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.) and their best practices.
- Proven ability to implement creative social media campaigns that generate audience engagement.
- Subject matter knowledge of the cryptologic mission and cybersecurity preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience training others on social media platforms.
- This is an independent contractor position. Prefer someone local to the Baltimore-Annapolis area, but remote will also be considered.
This position will remain open until filled.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Christine Harding
Director of Communications/Marketing
808 Landmark Drive, Suite 223
Glen Burnie, MD 21061
The National Cryptologic Foundation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, age, veteran status, medical condition or disability, genetic information, gender identity, or any other protected status under federal, state, or local law.